Pupils are provided with a rich progression of opportunities to be part of, a rich, varied and comprehensive curriculum that reflects the interests of the school, its staff, pupils, parents and the wider national and global communities. Although literacy and mathematics are planned for discreetly in weekly plans, many other topic areas are relevant in these lessons, particularly through the choice of texts and writing outcomes in literacy. Whole school approaches to reading ensure that our pupils are confident readers who enjoy reading.
Specialist teachers support the teaching of Music, Spanish and Physical Education. Regular themed weeks, trips and workshops within and outside of school enrich and develop the children’s learning. The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our pupils and their understanding of the core values of our society are woven through our curriculum.
We set high expectations for every pupil. We aim to stretch the most able pupils by planning suitable and relevant learning challenges but also plan carefully for the needs of pupils who belong to vulnerable groups including ensuring that the needs of pupils with special educational needs are fully met.
Developing independent, resilient, inspired and motivated life-long learners with a sense of responsibility as future citizens is at the heart of all of our teaching and learning.
What do we teach?
The core subjects are
- Literacy (Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening)
The Foundation Subjects are
- Computing (including coding and integrated ICT)
- Design and Technology
- Personal Social Health Education
- Religious Education
Click on the year group link below to see the Year Group Curriculum Map and Half Termly Newsletter.
- EYFS Curriculum Map
- Year 1 Curriculum Map
- Year 2 Curriculum Map
- Year 3 Curriculum Map
- Year 4 Curriculum Map
- Year 5 Curriculum Map
- Year 6 Curriculum Map
- Nursery Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Reception Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Year 1 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Year 2 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Year 3 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Year 4 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Year 5 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020
- Year 6 Curriculum Newsletter Autumn 1 2020