School closure means that the majority of pupils will be learning at home for this half term.
From October 22nd 2020, the Government set the expectation of provision of remote education in schools, under the Coronavirus Act 2020. This means schools have a duty to provide education to children at home, as they do when children are in the classroom. This helps provide assurances to both pupils and parents that if pupils have to learn at home their education will not be disrupted.
In line with our Remote Learning Policy, we are providing access to a range of home learning resources to support you and your child.
The resources are for two school weeks as a result of school closure for all London schools.
Children in Year 2 have access to the following:
- Home reading books (these can be changed by booking an appointment with the school office to visit the home reading library).
- Set daily literacy and numeracy task available through the school website with identified appropriate video input links.
- A daily phonics link will be available through the school website.
- Daily key skills learning will be available through the school website.
- Daily spelling and handwriting available through the school website.
- A weekly humanities lesson and weekly science lesson available through the school website.
Home Learning Timetable
|One hour||One hour||30 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Literacy Task||Numeracy Task||Break||Home reading book and diary completion||Key Skills daily task||Lunch||Spelling and handwriting||Phonics|
Teachers will make calls throughout the week to offer learning advice and support.
Families who do not have access to suitable technology to view resources should request a paper pack which can be collected each week from the school office.